Preno Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
This policy covers only personal information related to our subscribers (individuals that we have a direct relationship with) and their businesses. For GDPR in European Union, we are the “data controller” of the subscriber information that we collect and store. This information is collected and stored only for the purpose of providing our service to our subscribers.
In case of customer information (being the personal information of individuals with whom our subscribers interact), the subscribers to our services act as the data controller and are responsible for establishing policies and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. If you are an individual who interacts with our subscriber directly (e.g. you are an agent or a guest to their hotel) – the subscriber is the controller of your information, and you need to contact them with any requests or questions about your personal information.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The changes will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
What information we collect
- Information that you provide to us (name, email, phone number, business name). This information is collected through the forms on our website or through direct contact with our team members. Providing this information is optional, but may mean that some services are unavailable to you
- Information that is provided to us by trusted third parties. Although the majority of the information that we collect is provided by you directly, sometimes we may need to complement it with data that is publicly available or is provided by our marketing or research partners. This information is used to better inform, personalise and improve our services.
- When you are a subscriber to our services, we collect some information automatically to be able to provide you with better support. This information includes your device type, your browser, the city and country you have visited from, what pages you have visited and what actions you have performed within our software.
When we process your information, we only do so:
- To fulfil our obligations to you as a subscriber
- In accordance with the legal obligation
- Where we have your consent
How we use your personal information
First and foremost, the information that you provide to us is used to deliver you our services and manage the relationship with you. This includes the following purposes
- To communicate to you: we will use your contact details to provide you with information that you have requested, send you emails regarding our operations, or asking for your feedback.
- To provide technical support to you.
- To market to you (if we have consent): we will send marketing material that we consider relevant, but only if we have your consent to do so.
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions.
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
Disclosing your personal information
We use trusted third parties to support delivery of our services to you. These providers may have access to your personal information, but only where it is required to fulfil our responsibilities to you as a subscriber.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may access, change, or correct information about you by logging into your Preno account at any time or by contacting us at [email protected]. If you reach out to us over the email, we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.