Agoda vs Booking: Which is the Best OTA For Your Hotel?
In today’s competitive hospitality industry, hoteliers are constantly seeking ways to maximise their reach and attract more bookings. Online travel agencies (OTAs) like Agoda and Booking.com play a crucial role in helping hotels achieve this goal. We’ll compare Agoda and Booking.com, focusing on their benefits, pricing, user interface, and customer support, as well as the unique features they offer. We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of each platform and explain how Preno, a property management system, can help you with your hotel channel management, both simultaneously to reduce admin work, increase reach, and boost revenue.
Curious about OTA commission structures? Explore our comprehensive guide on commission rates to make informed decisions!
Introducing Agoda and Booking.com
Agoda is an Asia-based OTA that has grown rapidly since its inception in 2005. It is now part of the Booking Holdings group, which also owns Booking.com. Agoda primarily focuses on the Asian market but offers listings worldwide, with over 2 million properties available. The platform caters to various types of accommodations, including hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and guesthouses.
Booking.com is one of the largest OTAs globally, founded in the Netherlands in 1996. The platform boasts over 28 million listings, including hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and other accommodation types. Booking.com has a strong presence in Europe but offers properties in every corner of the world, catering to a diverse range of travellers.
Comparing Agoda and Booking.com: Benefits, Pricing, User Interface, and Customer Support
- Strong presence in the Asian market, offering a competitive edge for hotels targeting this region.
- Offers a “Best Price Guarantee” to attract price-conscious travellers.
- Provides a loyalty programme, “AgodaCash,” allowing guests to earn rewards for future bookings.
- Massive global reach, making it an excellent platform for hotels looking to attract international travellers.
- Extensive range of property types, catering to various travel preferences.
- Customisable promotions and deals to help hotels attract more guests.
- Commission rates typically range between 15% and 25%, depending on the property and location.
- Offers a “Partner Hub” for hoteliers to manage their listings, set pricing strategies, and access performance insights.
- Commission rates generally fall between 15% and 20%, varying based on the property type and location.
- Provides a user-friendly extranet for hoteliers to manage their listings, monitor performance, and set pricing strategies.
- Clean and straightforward interface, with a focus on visuals and property details.
- Offers various filters and sorting options for travellers to find suitable accommodations.
- Provides an interactive map view to help travellers visualise property locations.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface, allowing travellers to search for properties with ease.
- Offers extensive filtering and sorting options to help users find the perfect accommodation.
- Features an interactive map view and detailed property information for better decision-making.
- Offers 24/7 customer support through phone, email, and live chat.
- Provides a comprehensive help centre with articles and FAQs for hoteliers.
- Offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and live chat.
- Features a dedicated “Partner Help Centre” with useful articles, guides, and FAQs for hoteliers.
Unique Features and Resources
- AgodaYCS” mobile app, allowing hoteliers to manage their listings and bookings on-the-go.
- “PointsMAX” programme, enabling travellers to earn points for their preferred loyalty programme when booking through Agoda.
- “Pulse” mobile app, providing hoteliers with an easy way to manage reservations, communicate with guests, and monitor performance.
- BookingSuite” tools, offering additional resources for hoteliers to optimise their online presence, pricing strategies, and guest experience.
Pros and Cons of Agoda and Booking.com
- Pros: Strong focus on the Asian market, attractive loyalty programme, and competitive pricing strategies.
- Cons: Smaller global reach compared to Booking.com and potentially higher commission rates.
- Pros: Massive global audience, extensive range of property types, and customisable promotions.
- Cons: Commission rates may be higher than some competitors, and the platform is less focused on the Asian market.
Preno: Managing Agoda and Booking.com Simultaneously
Preno, a property management system, can help you manage your listings on both Agoda and Booking.com simultaneously, reducing admin work and increasing reach and revenue. By integrating with these OTAs, Preno enables you to manage reservations, guest communications, and payments all in one place. This not only saves time and effort but also helps you maintain consistency across your listings and provide the best possible experience for your guests.
Both Agoda and Booking.com have their unique advantages and drawbacks. Agoda is a strong contender for hotels targeting the Asian market, while Booking.com offers a broader global reach. The most preferable platform for your hotel will depend on your target audience, location, and personal preferences. By considering factors such as benefits, pricing, user interface, and customer support, you can make an informed decision about which OTA is the best fit for your hotel. And by using Preno to streamline your property management and OTA connections, you can maximise your success on either platform.
If you enjoyed exploring how OTAs can positively influence your hotel’s operations, you’ll want to explore:
- Sync Your Airbnb Calendar With Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) on Preno
- Airbnb vs Booking.com: Which OTA Is Best for Your Hotel?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Other Blogs you may also like
Feng Shui for Hotel Rooms: How to Optimise Your Space for Peace and Relaxation
If you’re looking to create a relaxing and Zen-like hotel room, you should consider using Feng Shui principles. Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese art of spatial arrangement, and it can be used to transform your hotel rooms. In this blog post, we will discuss how to use Feng Shui in your hotel room design […]
What is ChatGPT? How ChatGPT Can Help Hoteliers Improve Efficiency
Today’s hospitality industry is increasingly reliant on technology, and hoteliers are constantly looking for ways to make the customer experience better. ChatGPT is an innovative chatbot tool that can help hotels provide excellent customer service by automating communication and providing helpful research capabilities. In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to what ChatGPT is, how […]
PMS Integration: Why It’s Key to an Effective Hotel Business
As a hotel business, having an effective and integrated property management system (PMS) is crucial for managing reservations, guest interactions, and overall operations. Without a PMS, tasks such as booking rooms and tracking payment would be much more difficult and time-consuming. Not only does a PMS streamline processes, but it’s the key to running an […]
Creative ways for upselling your guests
The biggest obstacle to upselling your guests is not their decision to take the upgrade, but your willingness to upsell them. True story. But the reality is that you should never fear upselling your guests. Upselling is not just good for you and your hotel, it actually improves your guests’ experience and increases their likelihood […]
Key Hotel Terminology and Acronyms Every Hospitality Professional Should Know
Hotels are an important part of the tourism industry, and there is a lot of specialised vocabulary associated with them. In this article, we will look at some of the most common terms and phrases used in the hotel industry, as well as some key acronyms that you might come across. With this knowledge, you’ll […]
Christmas Marketing Ideas for Hotels: Preparing Your Hotel
It’s that time of year again! Christmas and New Years are just around the corner, so it’s time to start thinking about ways to advertise your accommodation, and set up a special hotel Christmas experience for your guests. In this blog, we’ve put together some top tips to help you prepare your hotel for Christmas […]