Agoda vs Booking: Which is the Best OTA For Your Hotel?
In today’s competitive hospitality industry, hoteliers are constantly seeking ways to maximise their reach and attract more bookings. Online travel agencies (OTAs) like Agoda and Booking.com play a crucial role in helping hotels achieve this goal. We’ll compare Agoda and Booking.com, focusing on their benefits, pricing, user interface, and customer support, as well as the unique features they offer. We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of each platform and explain how Preno, a property management system, can help you manage both simultaneously to reduce admin work, increase reach, and boost revenue.
Introducing Agoda and Booking.com
Agoda is an Asia-based OTA that has grown rapidly since its inception in 2005. It is now part of the Booking Holdings group, which also owns Booking.com. Agoda primarily focuses on the Asian market but offers listings worldwide, with over 2 million properties available. The platform caters to various types of accommodations, including hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and guesthouses.
Booking.com is one of the largest OTAs globally, founded in the Netherlands in 1996. The platform boasts over 28 million listings, including hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and other accommodation types. Booking.com has a strong presence in Europe but offers properties in every corner of the world, catering to a diverse range of travellers.
Comparing Agoda and Booking.com: Benefits, Pricing, User Interface, and Customer Support
- Strong presence in the Asian market, offering a competitive edge for hotels targeting this region.
- Offers a “Best Price Guarantee” to attract price-conscious travellers.
- Provides a loyalty programme, “AgodaCash,” allowing guests to earn rewards for future bookings.
- Massive global reach, making it an excellent platform for hotels looking to attract international travellers.
- Extensive range of property types, catering to various travel preferences.
- Customisable promotions and deals to help hotels attract more guests.
- Commission rates typically range between 15% and 25%, depending on the property and location.
- Offers a “Partner Hub” for hoteliers to manage their listings, set pricing strategies, and access performance insights.
- Commission rates generally fall between 15% and 20%, varying based on the property type and location.
- Provides a user-friendly extranet for hoteliers to manage their listings, monitor performance, and set pricing strategies.
- Clean and straightforward interface, with a focus on visuals and property details.
- Offers various filters and sorting options for travellers to find suitable accommodations.
- Provides an interactive map view to help travellers visualise property locations.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface, allowing travellers to search for properties with ease.
- Offers extensive filtering and sorting options to help users find the perfect accommodation.
- Features an interactive map view and detailed property information for better decision-making.
- Offers 24/7 customer support through phone, email, and live chat.
- Provides a comprehensive help centre with articles and FAQs for hoteliers.
- Offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and live chat.
- Features a dedicated “Partner Help Centre” with useful articles, guides, and FAQs for hoteliers.
Unique Features and Resources
- AgodaYCS” mobile app, allowing hoteliers to manage their listings and bookings on-the-go.
- “PointsMAX” programme, enabling travellers to earn points for their preferred loyalty programme when booking through Agoda.
- “Pulse” mobile app, providing hoteliers with an easy way to manage reservations, communicate with guests, and monitor performance.
- BookingSuite” tools, offering additional resources for hoteliers to optimise their online presence, pricing strategies, and guest experience.
Pros and Cons of Agoda and Booking.com
- Pros: Strong focus on the Asian market, attractive loyalty programme, and competitive pricing strategies.
- Cons: Smaller global reach compared to Booking.com and potentially higher commission rates.
- Pros: Massive global audience, extensive range of property types, and customisable promotions.
- Cons: Commission rates may be higher than some competitors, and the platform is less focused on the Asian market.
Preno: Managing Agoda and Booking.com Simultaneously
Preno, a property management system, can help you manage your listings on both Agoda and Booking.com simultaneously, reducing admin work and increasing reach and revenue. By integrating with these OTAs, Preno enables you to manage reservations, guest communications, and payments all in one place. This not only saves time and effort but also helps you maintain consistency across your listings and provide the best possible experience for your guests.
Both Agoda and Booking.com have their unique advantages and drawbacks. Agoda is a strong contender for hotels targeting the Asian market, while Booking.com offers a broader global reach. The most preferable platform for your hotel will depend on your target audience, location, and personal preferences. By considering factors such as benefits, pricing, user interface, and customer support, you can make an informed decision about which OTA is the best fit for your hotel. And by using Preno to streamline your property management and OTA connections, you can maximise your success on either platform.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Other Blogs you may also like
How Destination Marketing Can Boost Hotel Room Sales
When it comes to booking a hotel room, guests often prioritise the location over the hotel itself. Understanding this consumer behaviour, savvy hoteliers are leveraging destination marketing strategies to attract more customers and gain a competitive edge in the hospitality industry. By focusing on promoting the destination first and the hotel second, hotels can effectively […]
The importance of data security, and how you can ensure your guest data is securely stored
As big chain hotels suffer data breaches of sensitive customer credit card information, the importance of data security is once again in the spotlight. The most recent breach suffered by some Hyatt locations noted that malicious software code had been inserted into certain hotel information technology systems. Data breaches affect businesses of all sizes, in […]
How to make your boutique hotel business profitable in 90 days
How to make your hotel business more profitable in 2020 We understand that running a small hotel isn’t easy. Hoteliers are overworked and time-poor, and despite how beautiful your hotel or how impeccable your service, you still find yourself struggling to keep ship above sea. The exceptional experience your hotel has to offer deserves to […]
Connecting Your Property Management System With a Channel Manager – What Are the Benefits for Hoteliers?
The way that technology is changing the way we do business is amazing, but it can be hard to know which solutions are necessary, and which are nice-to-have. A good property management system (PMS) and channel manager software are two solutions that any hotelier shouldn’t go without. Working in combination, they have the potential to […]
The Importance of Hotel Safety and Security
Whether travelling for business or leisure, safety and security are the prime requisite (and concern) of every traveller. Safety – both within the hotel and outside it – cannot be undermined. After all, no one wants to travel to a destination or stay in a hotel that poses threat to his life and/or belongings. So, […]
Agoda vs Booking: Which is the Best OTA For Your Hotel?
In today’s competitive hospitality industry, hoteliers are constantly seeking ways to maximise their reach and attract more bookings. Online travel agencies (OTAs) like Agoda and Booking.com play a crucial role in helping hotels achieve this goal. We’ll compare Agoda and Booking.com, focusing on their benefits, pricing, user interface, and customer support, as well as the […]