Securing More Bookings: Top 10 Hotel Deal Ideas That Guests Can’t Resist
In the highly competitive hospitality industry, securing more bookings is the prime goal for hoteliers. One effective strategy to attract guests and drive bookings is to offer irresistible hotel deals. With the right approach, these deals not only increase occupancy rates but also enhance guest satisfaction and loyalty.
The importance of crafting unique and compelling deals cannot be understated, especially in today’s market where travellers have a plethora of options at their fingertips.
Consider What Your Guest Needs
The first step in creating successful hotel deals is to understand what your target guests are looking for. You can conduct surveys, monitor online reviews and gather data from previous bookings to identify the needs and preferences of your potential customers. This will help you tailor your deals accordingly, making them more appealing and relevant.
Be Creative with Your Deals
Offering run-of-the-mill deals won’t effectively draw guests towards your property. Instead, think outside the box and come up with unique and innovative offers that will make your hotel stand out. This could include themed packages, exclusive experiences or partnerships with local attractions.
Stress on Value
Today’s travellers are more budget-conscious than ever before. Hence, it is crucial to ensure that the deals you offer provide real value for money. This can be achieved by bundling inclusions such as complimentary meals, upgrades, or free activities along with the room rate.
Leverage Special Occasions
Special occasions like festivals, holidays or events offer a great opportunity to promote your hotel deals. Create packages that cater to these occasions and promote them through targeted marketing campaigns. This will not only attract guests celebrating these events but also those looking for a unique experience during their stay.
Offer Flexible Deals
Given the uncertain times we live in, flexibility is crucial when it comes to hotel bookings. Offering flexible deals that allow guests to make changes or cancellations without penalty can go a long way in boosting bookings. This will give guests peace of mind and encourage them to choose your property over others.
Leverage Social Media
Social media is a powerful marketing tool for hotels. Utilise it to showcase your deals and reach out to potential guests. Share high-quality visuals, videos, and testimonials to entice customers to book your hotel.
Collaborate with Online Travel Agents (OTAs)
Online travel agents like Booking.com, Expedia or Airbnb are popular platforms for travellers to find accommodation. Collaborating with them and offering exclusive deals can significantly increase your hotel’s visibility and reach.
Offer Discounts for Returning Guests
Returning guests are a valuable asset for any hotel. Reward their loyalty by offering special discounts or privileges on their next booking. This will not only encourage them to return but also create a sense of exclusivity and personalisation.
Seasonality plays a significant role in the hospitality industry. During off-peak times, you can create deals that attract guests by offering lower rates, all-inclusive packages or added benefits like spa treatments or sightseeing tours.
Personalise Your Deals
Last but not least, personalised deals make guests feel special and appreciated. Utilise data from their previous stays to tailor offers that align with their preferences and interests. This will not only increase the chances of a booking but also create a memorable experience for your guests.
Top 10 Hotel Deal Ideas
- Early Bird Specials: Reward guests who plan ahead by offering discounted rates for advance bookings.
- Last Minute Deals: Cater to spontaneous travellers with attractive discounts on last-minute bookings.
- Seasonal Promotions: Tailor deals to specific seasons or events, such as summer specials or holiday packages, to create excitement and urgency.
- Weekend Getaway Packages: Encourage weekend stays with discounted rates and complimentary services like breakfast or spa treatments.
- Loyalty Programs: Foster guest loyalty by offering exclusive deals and perks to repeat guests.
- Bundle Deals: Combine room bookings with other services like restaurant vouchers or tours to provide more value.
- Group Discounts: Offer special rates for large group bookings, such as wedding parties or business conferences.
- Stay Longer, Save More: Incentivise longer stays with progressive discounts.
- Social Media Promotions: Leverage your social media platforms to offer exclusive deals to your followers, thereby increasing brand awareness.
- Referral Incentives: Encourage word-of-mouth marketing by offering discounts to guests who refer friends and family.
By implementing these hotel deal ideas, you can not only attract more guests but also create a memorable experience that will keep them coming back for more.
Real-Life Hotel Deals Examples:
To give you a better idea of how these packages should be structured, here are some real-life hotel deal examples that have proven to be successful in increasing bookings and guest satisfaction:
- “Escape to Paradise” Package: This package offers a discounted rate for a 3-night stay, inclusive of daily breakfast, a complimentary spa treatment, and a sunset cruise.
- “Weekend Getaway Special:” Book a two-night weekend stay and receive a 20% discount on the room rate, plus a complimentary late check-out.
- “Stay Longer, Save More”: Book a minimum of 5 nights and receive a progressive discount on the room rate, starting at 10% for the first night and increasing by 5% each additional night.
- “Last Minute Deal:” Book within 48 hours of your stay and receive a 15% discount on the room rate, plus a complimentary upgrade to a higher room category.
- “Loyalty Program Exclusive:” Members of our loyalty program receive an additional 10% off any promotional package or deal.
- “Festive Season Special: Celebrate the holidays at our hotel with a special package that includes a festive dinner, Christmas goodies, and a surprise gift upon arrival.
- “Business Conference Package”: Book a minimum of 10 rooms for a business conference and receive exclusive group rates, complimentary meeting space rental, and audio-visual equipment.
- “Social Media Exclusive:” Follow us on Instagram and book directly through our website to receive an additional 5% off any deal or package.
- “Referral Program”: Refer a friend to stay at our hotel and receive a 20% discount on your next booking, and your friend will also receive a 10% discount.
- “Winter Wonderland Package:” Enjoy the winter season with discounted rates for skiing packages, hot cocoa by the fireplace, and complimentary snowshoe rentals.
- “Family Fun Package: Make memories with your family by booking this package, which includes discounted room rates, free breakfast for kids, and activities like movie night and arts and crafts.
These real-life examples show the variety of hotel deals that can be offered to attract guests and increase bookings. By leveraging different types of promotions, hotels can cater to a diverse range of guests and create unique experiences that will set them apart from their competitors.
Additional Tips for Hotel Deals
- Be mindful of the costs involved in offering deals and make sure they are sustainable for your business.
- Utilise data analytics to understand which deals are most effective and tailor them accordingly.
- Collaborate with local businesses or attractions to create joint promotions, benefiting both parties.
- Don’t forget to promote your deals through various channels such as your website, social media, and email marketing.
- Remember to track the success of your deals and make adjustments as needed to continuously improve and attract more guests.
In today’s competitive hospitality industry, offering attractive and creative deals is crucial for the success of any hotel. By understanding your target market, being innovative, and providing genuine value for money, you can create unique offers that will set your property apart from the rest. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ideas and always keep an eye on industry trends to stay ahead of the competition. With the right approach, your hotel deals can not only boost bookings but also create a loyal customer base that will keep coming back for more.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Other Blogs you may also like
How To List Your Property on VRBO: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you a property owner looking to list your property on VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner)? Look no further! This step-by-step guide is designed to help you navigate the process of setting up and optimising your VRBO listing. By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to successfully renting out your property to […]
How Does a Property Management System Work for Hotels?
When it comes to running a hotel, there’s no doubt that efficiency and convenience are paramount. That’s why having the right property management system (PMS) is essential for any successful hotel. A PMS helps hotels manage their operations more effectively, streamline processes, and provide guests with a better overall experience. So what exactly does a […]
How to sell a hotel property (& how a smart hotel management system can help speed up this process)
Preparing your property to sell, & handing it over in a seamless, stress-free process Deciding to sell a hotel can be a daunting task. The process holds a lot of weight, because not only will you be closing a chapter in your career, and saying goodbye to a business you worked hard to grow – […]
What Commission Rates Does Booking.com Charge Hotels?
As the hospitality industry continues to grow, online travel agencies (OTAs) have become an essential tool for hotels to reach potential guests. One of the most popular OTAs is Booking.com, which boasts over 28 million listings in more than 228 countries and territories. However, it’s important for hotels to understand the commission rates charged by […]
What’s the Difference Between a Hotel, Motel and Inn?
If you are planning on traveling soon, you may be wondering what the difference is between a hotel, motel and an inn – but did you know there are many other accommodation types too? While they all offer lodging for travellers, there are some distinct differences between these types of establishments. In this blog post, […]
How to Create a Stand Out Airbnb Listing During Covid-19
The global Covid-19 pandemic has changed the way we live our lives. More than ever, people are cancelling reservations, avoiding large crowds and working from home. While the decrease in international travel may be discouraging for Airbnb owners, it has provided a unique opportunity to secure more local guests, for extended periods. The key here […]