Over 70 percent of people in major countries are planning to go ‘big’ when it comes to leisure trips, according to a recent survey. In some travel destinations, hotel bookings have experienced a 200% surge.
In other words, things are looking rosy for your hospitality business. Smart hoteliers – like you – looking to cash in on these opportunities, will need a smart hotel management booking system.
What is a hotel management booking system?
A hotel management booking system (or PMS) is a software application that helps you manage all aspects of your hotel business, from reservations and check-ins to billing and housekeeping.
Your hotel’s booking engine is a key component of your PMS. It provides an easy way for guests to search for rooms and make reservations on your website or mobile app.
A hotel management booking system is a crucial part of any business running a hotel.
Actually, it’s your ticket to getting the most out of your investment in your property. The right hotel booking system will save you time and money, increase your bookings and revenue, and help you deliver a better experience to your guests.
The right hotel management booking system helps you set the tone by ensuring a seamless booking experience.
Let’s look at the specific advantages of using a hotel management booking system.
The benefits of using a hotel management booking system
A hotel management booking system can save you time and money while also providing a number of benefits for both you and your guests.
Automates the reservation process
With a hotel management booking system, you can automate many of the tasks associated with running a hotel, such as reservations, payments, and check-ins. This can free up your time so that you can focus on other aspects of running your business.
By removing the manual booking process, a hotel management booking system allows for greater accuracy when making a reservation.
As a result, the booking system can increase efficiency in the hotel industry which can ultimately lead to lower costs per guest.
Creates a seamless guest experience
A great guest experience, right from the booking stage, to check out will help you get happy reviews that can result in repeat business.
A booking system makes the reservation process convenient for your guests. It also helps you keep track of your guests’ preferences and requests, which can help you provide a personalised experience for them.
With a hotel management booking system, you can also send automatic confirmations and reminders to your guests. This helps to reduce the chances of a no-show, and gives your guests the assurance that their reservation is confirmed.
Avoid OTA fees
The average commission rate charged by OTAs is between 15 and 20 percent. So, for example, if a hotel room costs $100 per night and is booked through an OTA, the OTA will keep $20 as commission. With your own hotel management booking system, you can avoid the hefty fee, and enjoy the profits.
By using a hotel management booking system, you can list your property on multiple OTAs without having to pay a commission. You can also use the system to upsell your rooms and services to guests who are already booked.
There are many ways a hotel management booking system helps you maximise your revenue:
- Get real-time data: The best hotel management booking systems have integrated Channel Manager. This helps you update your availability and room rates in real-time. This helps you avoid the hassles of pricing errors, overbooking, duplicate bookings, or underbooking.
- Optimise bookings: A booking system also allows you to upsell premium rooms, cross-sell your services, and offer special promotions.
- Track performance: You can track performance metrics such as occupancy rates and average revenue per room. This way, they can analyse their data and identify areas for improvement.
How to choose the right hotel management booking system for your business
The last thing you want when it comes to running your hotel is an unmanaged system that will cause headaches and delays in your day-to-day operations.
Choosing the right hotel booking system for your business can be a daunting task. There are hundreds of different options on the market, and it can be tough to know which one is right for you.
The good news is that there are a few key things you can look for that will help you narrow down your options and choose the best system for your business.
8 features to look for in a hotel management booking system
● Ease of use – First, you’ll want to make sure that the system you choose is easy to set up and use. If it’s too complicated, your employees will likely never use it. Look for a hotel management booking system provider who also offers free training and onboarding support.
● Cloud-based or on-premise –On-premise booking software requires a significant amount of investment. These systems often require very high amounts of IT expertise to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot. In contrast, cloud-based booking software is accessible, affordable, and requires no maintenance. As a result, it’s the preferred option for most small businesses.
● Integrations – A good hotel management software should have a Channel Manager integration to allow you to seamlessly manage bookings on OTAs. The software should also have an integration with a payment processor, property management system, and accounting system.
● Scalability – As your business grows, you will need to add more rooms, more guests, and more users to your reservation system. The hotel management software you choose should be designed to be scalable. You should not have to worry about buying more hardware or hiring more staff to accommodate the growth.
● Reporting and analytics – A smart hotel management booking software can help businesses understand their customers better. With granular information on the source of booking, room types, and occupancy rates, the software can help you improve marketing strategies and make better decisions overall.
● Customer support – Any time you invest in new software, it’s important to make sure that the vendor offers quality customer support. This is especially true when it comes to hotel management booking systems since you’ll likely need help at some point during set up, use, or integration. Look for a provider who offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and live chat.
● Security – With sensitive customer data being stored in the system, security should be a top priority when choosing a hotel management booking system. Make sure that the software is PCI compliant and that the provider has a robust security protocol in place.
● Free trial – Finally, always look for a hotel management booking system that offers a free trial. This will allow you to test out the software to see if it’s a good fit for your business before making a commitment.
The top 3 hotel management booking systems on the market today
As one of the top-rated, cloud-based hotel management booking systems, Preno comes with advanced features that help you streamline your operations and enrich the guest experience.
The native Channel Manager integration allows you to seamlessly connect to 56 OTAs. In addition, Preno integrates with Xero accounting system and a property management system to help you boost financial and operational efficiency.
A flexible grid view and a drag-and-drop feature allow you to view all your bookings and easily make changes to bookings on the dashboard. With Preno, you can also:
- automate and personalise your emails
- stay on top of housekeeping
- get detailed analytics
- get free training and 24/7 customer support
Hotelogix PMS Hotel Software
Hotelogix offers a suite of hotel software solutions that helps hotels increase their operational efficiency and drive top-line growth. Their property management system (PMS) is a cloud-based solution that offers a host of features and tools to help manage all aspects of hotel operations, from front desk management to housekeeping and beyond.
Hotelogix also offers a number of other software solutions, including:
- central reservations system
- a distribution management system
- web booking system
- housekeeping software
- Channel Manager
Oracle Hospitality software provides a comprehensive set of tools to help you manage your hospitality business.
Available as self-hosted or on-premise software, Oracle Hospitality software offers:
- Point-of-sale and property management: From reservations and check-in to check-out and billing, Oracle Hospitality software can help you streamline your operations and improve guest satisfaction.
- Food and Beverage: You can manage food and beverage operations right from menus and recipes to inventory and purchasing.
- Housekeeping: From room assignment and guest tracking to cleaning and maintenance, Oracle Hospitality software can help you streamline your operations and improve guest satisfaction.
There are many different hotel management booking systems on the market, but not all of them are created equal. When choosing a system for your business, it’s important to consider factors like customer support, security, and ease of use. Preno, Hotelogix, and Oracle Hospitality are all great options that offer a variety of features to help you manage your hotel operations.
So, which one is right for you? The best way to find out is to take advantage of free trials and see for yourself which system works best for your business. With a little bit of research, you’re sure to find the perfect hotel management booking system for your needs.