Partnership marketing is a powerful tool for attracting customers that many hotels overlook. In this article, we will explore what partnership marketing is and how you can use it to boost your bottom line. We’ll also look at some tips for making the most of this strategy in your hotel. Whether you’re running a small bed and breakfast or managing a large resort, partnership marketing is an effective way to bring in more customers and increase revenue.
What is partnership marketing for hotels?
Partnership marketing is a strategic approach that involves collaborating with local businesses to attract and engage customers. By working with other businesses in the community, hotel owners can benefit from access to shared resources, knowledge, and expertise, while also tapping into each partner’s customer base and building awareness. There are many different ways that hotels can collaborate with local businesses to boost their marketing efforts, including working with nearby restaurants, collaborating with tour and activity providers, hosting events featuring local artists, musicians, or craftspeople, partnering with local retailers to offer package deals for hotel guests, and more.
Why hotels should collaborate with local businesses?
There are a number of benefits to collaborating with local businesses, including increased exposure and visibility, greater access to resources and support, and the ability to connect with potential customers in meaningful ways.
By partnering with local restaurants, cafes, tour and activity providers, and other businesses, hotels can gain valuable exposure to new audiences and connect with potential customers on a more personal level. This is especially important for independent hotels, which may lack the marketing budget or resources of larger chains.
In addition to these practical benefits, there is also a strong emotional component to partnering with local businesses. Customers today are increasingly looking for experiences that are authentic and unique, and by collaborating with local partners, hotels can offer their guests an experience that is truly local and one-of-a-kind.
Collaborating with local businesses can also help you gain new ideas and insights, and build stronger relationships with other businesses in your community.
Overall, partnering with local businesses can help hotels better meet the needs of their guests and stand out in a highly competitive market. If you are looking for new ways to attract customers and boost your bottom line, consider working with local businesses today.
9 ways your hotel can collaborate with local businesses
Partner with nearby restaurants and food vendors
Collaborating with local restaurants or food shops is another great way to attract customers and support the local community. By partnering with local eateries, you can offer discounts or special deals on meals for guests, which can help drive sales for both businesses. Additionally, working with food shops can help you appeal to guests who are looking for unique, locally-sourced ingredients or products. Some possible ways to partner with local restaurants and food shops include:
- Hosting a restaurant week or food festival featuring local eateries
- Offering a gift card or voucher for use at a local restaurant or food shop as a room amenity
- Creating a package deal that includes meals at local restaurants or food shops
- Hosting cooking classes or tastings with local chefs or bakers
- Collaborating on special events, such as wine and cheese tastings or themed dinner parties.
Partnering with local restaurants is also a great way to provide your guests with food options if you don’t have a on-site restaurant or kitchen, such as if you are a hotel that caters to business travellers who might be working long hours or traveling without families. By collaborating with local restaurants and food shops, you can offer guests the convenience of quick, delicious meals without having to leave the property. Some possible ways this could work include:
- Arranging for room delivery of meals from a nearby restaurant
- Offering coffee and breakfast pastries from local bakeries
- Hosting happy hours or special events featuring food from local vendors.
Collaborate with local tour and activity providers
Partnering with local tour and activity providers is another way to attract customers to your hotel. Working with local businesses in this area can help you cater to the interests and preferences of guests, while also supporting vibrant local tourism industries. Some potential ways to collaborate with local tour and activity providers include:
- Creating package deals that include activities such as kayaking, hiking, or cycling
- Collaborating on events and activities that promote local culture and heritage
- Offering hotel guests priority access to tours and other activities provided by local companies
- Partnering with local artisans or craftspeople to host pop-up shops in your hotel lobby or common areas.
Host events at your hotel that feature local artists, musicians, or performers
Host events or activities at your hotel that feature local artists, musicians, or craftspeople. This not only brings in new customers, but it also helps support the local community and adds a unique touch to your hotel’s offerings. By hosting events featuring these individuals at your hotel, you can appeal to guests who are looking for unique experiences or cultural enrichment during their stay. Some potential ways to collaborate with local artists include:
- Offering discounted or priority access to hotel guests at performances, gallery openings, or other events
- Collaborating with local art galleries or studios to hold exhibitions in your hotel lobby or common areas
- Providing guest rooms that are decorated with locally-made artwork or handicrafts
- Offering discounts on tickets for concerts, theatrical productions, museums, and other cultural attractions.
Partner with a local gym or fitness studio to offer special deals or classes.
In addition to offering hotel guests discounts and priority access to local tours, activities, and events, partnering with local businesses can also help you connect with potential customers in your area. By collaborating with a local gym or fitness studio, for example, you can appeal to the interests of health-conscious guests and drive foot traffic to your hotel. Some possible ways to partner with local gyms or fitness studios include:
- Collaborating on events or activities that promote health and wellness
- Offering deals or discounts for guests who work out at the gym regularly
- Hosting group classes in your hotel’s common areas, such as yoga classes, pilates sessions, or fitness bootcamps
- Providing hotel guests with complimentary passes to the gym or fitness studio.
Work with a local car rental company or taxi service
Partnering with a local car rental company or taxi service can help you attract customers who require easy transportation during their stay. By collaborating with a local business in this area, you can offer your guests convenient options for getting around town, whether they are looking to visit nearby attractions or simply want to explore the local area on their own. Some possible ways to partner with a local car rental company or taxi service include:
- Giving discounts or special offers to guests who rent cars or taxis through your hotel
- Collaborating on group tours and excursions that depart from your hotel’s front door
- Hosting meetings or events at your hotel for representatives from local car rental or taxi companies
- Promoting your hotel’s relationship with local transportation providers in your marketing and advertising materials.
Partner with local spas and massage studios
Another way to collaborate with local businesses is to partner with local spas and massage studios. This can be a great way to appeal to travellers who are looking to relax and rejuvenate on their vacation. By partnering with these companies, you can offer your guests a wide range of relaxation and wellness services during their stay. Some potential ways to partner with local spas and massage studios include:
- Offer exclusive discounts or special packages to guests who book treatments at your hotel’s spa.
- Host networking and social events at your hotel for local spas and massage studios, such as regular “spa days” or wellness retreats.
- Collaborate with local spas and massage studios on special health and wellness events or activities, such as yoga classes or nutritional seminars.
- Partner with local spas and massage studios to offer in-room spa services, such as massages, manicures, pedicures, and other treatments.
- Promote your hotel’s relationship with local spas and massage studios in your hotel’s website and other marketing materials, as well as in your online and print ads.
Collaborate with local event venues and caterers
Collaborate with local event venues or wedding planners to offer discounted room rates or special packages for wedding parties. If your hotel is located in an area that attracts weddings, this can be a great way to bring in business. By offering discounted room rates or special packages for wedding parties, you can make it easier for couples to plan their big day and encourage them to book a stay at your hotel. Some other potential ways to partner with local event venues or caterers include:
- Hosting meetings and events at your hotel for representatives from local wedding venues or catering companies
- Collaborating on group tours, outings, or other activities that appeal to couples planning weddings
- Working with local wedding planners and vendors to offer discounts or special packages to guests who book rooms at your hotel
Work with local museums
Work with local museums, galleries, or cultural centres to offer discounted tickets or special packages for guests. This can be a great way to appeal to travellers who are interested in exploring the local culture and history of the area. Consider offering discounted tickets to nearby museums or cultural centres or creating a package deal that includes a guided tour or other special experience.
Partner with local retailers
Partner with local retailers to offer discounts or special deals to guests. This can be a great way to encourage travellers to shop locally and support small businesses in the area. Consider offering a discount on room rates for guests who purchase a certain amount from a local retailer or create a package deal that includes a shopping tour or other retail experience.
By working closely with local businesses and taking the time to understand their needs and goals, you can create mutually beneficial partnerships that help attract new customers and build lasting relationships in your community. It can help you to attract new customers, differentiate your hotel from others, and support the local community. Plus, it can add a unique and personal touch to your hotel’s offerings, which can be especially appealing to travellers who want an authentic and immersive vacation experience.
Whatever types of partnerships you choose to pursue, remember that the key to a successful collaboration is communication, flexibility, and creative thinking. So, consider reaching out to businesses in the area and see what kind of partnerships and collaborations you can create. You never know what kind of exciting and mutually beneficial opportunities may arise.